Our planners are WPIC-certified and follow a code of ethics that ensures you are working with a professional wedding planner that has your best interests at heart. At every wedding with Wonder Chic Events, you can expect a Lead Coordinator and an Associate Coordinator – just like how a Lead Photographer has a Second Photographer to capture angles and expressions that cannot be fulfilled by just one individual at the exact same moment in time. All of our Associate Planners are carefully selected and trained and I am proud to say that we work with some of the best in the industry, to ensure that your wedding flows as smoothly and beautifully as you imagined it!
Lead Coordinator & Event Designer: Cindy Li
I often get asked how I got into wedding planning and I am grinning from ear to ear when I tell them “those wedding shows on TLC and Slice!” It’s the truth. On TV, it seemed like one big party, with lots of glitter & glam and a bunch of happy people! I mean, who wouldn’t want to be doing that for a living?!
Little did I know… planning and coordinating an event requires:
• setting aside a significant portion of your time for research and meetings & drawing up budgets and timelines
• having the ability to make smart decisions that can be time-sensitive and require immediate attention
• thinking on your feet, solving problems on the fly and being on your feet for up to 10-14 hours on wedding day
With your investment in Wonder Chic Events, we will be with you every step of the way to action all of the above and more with care and attention to detail. We promise that your event will be fun, memorable, stress-free, stylish and timely – all without breaking the bank. We will take the guesswork out of your planning so that you can be fully present in the moment and enjoy the day that you’ve been dreaming about!
A common misconception is that wedding planners are expensive and not a necessary component, compared to a photographer or a florist. Each wedding planner is equipped with a different skill set and experience, and a vastly different value they place on their own services – hence the wide range in pricing among planners. I believe that we play just as an integral part as a photographer’s – no stress is captured on our clients’ faces as we have it all under control! And if you don’t even like flowers, you don’t have to have them! We can definitely suggest alternatives to personalize each component to your unique requirements.
We would love for you to make an informed decision and have put together a write-up that answers the question: Why Hire A Planner?
♥ My all-time favourite wedding moments are:
• the anticipation of the couple’s “first look”
• when I hear the familiar ceremony tunes play
• when the bride or groom walks down the aisle to meet their partner’s gaze
• the couple’s first dance and the parents’ dances
• the heartfelt speeches where the couple is thanking their wedding party and families for being such an important part of their lives
♥ When I am not planning beautiful, once-in-a-lifetime moments, I enjoy:
• spending quality time with my family and friends (usually involving food!)
• trying out a new brunch or tapas restaurant or cafe – I’m always on the search for the best latte (and the best cocktail) in Toronto!
• shopping for unique wedding pieces and adding to my decor inventory
• planning and experiencing other social, creative and networking events to keep me on my toes!
I love seeing the whole day unfold seamlessly. It is a labour of love and the result of hours upon hours of meticulous planning, a great team of trusted professionals working together toward a common goal, and the positive energy and good vibes of our beautiful couples and their loved ones that make the day as special as they are meant to be!
Contact us today for an initial complimentary meeting where we will meet over coffee or tea and you can tell me all the plans you have for your big day! It will give us a chance to get to know each other better and we can determine how I can help make your dream day into a reality.